Monday, October 12, 2009

Lollipop! Oooo holy holy holy

Last summer, while in the Holy Land (Santa Fe NM!)  our friends Tom and Susan took us to a restaurant where we had lamb lollipops for an appetizer.  They were wonderful and the memory of that flavor has stayed with me.

Now that we have the first real norther here in South Texas, I thought I'd give them a try. But, I'd never cooked lamb of any kind before.  So I did what any self respecting provisioning monk would do, and went on line, found Emeril Green, and found a recipe which was very simple: 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup sherry vinegar, 1 TBS rosemary, salt, pepper, and lamb lollipops.  I decided that sounded good, but the one's I had might have had some oregano, so I added some too  (all fresh of course).


Marinate one hour or so as the grill heats.  (doing that now.  In awhile, I'll post photos of the cooking and tell you how they taste).











Later.........



They were pretty good!  I think next time I'll use a rub rather than marinade, or cut back a bit on the oil and vinegar.   Still, they were very nice as is and enough for another meal. Plus, the pups LOVED the bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or place an order.